Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 21 September 2011

Ops, fat already!

Do you love your heart? Do you really care about what you've eaten/drink so far? :) Becareful, you may not see the effect now, but when you are getting older and older, you may suffers all kinds of diseases. 
Protect your heart

Sometimes, I do see a lot of health care ad. about hearty issues, stress management and stop smoking campaign at the Adventist hospital. I feel it is really useful information for me as ... you know lar, engineer life... will only go to the office, checking hardware in the lab, reply emails, meeting with colleagues and all the big BOSSES... most of the times are sitting. I also getting fatter and fatter now! Not sure if you also have similar situation like me? :(



This is the situation! haha...

"I'm ON DIET!" Well, this is the phrase that i keep in my mind for last 4 years, but seems like.... :P Next month will be my body checkout... I think i will score with "flying colours" haha.. Tomorrow, i must start my training again! Wish me and give me strength!! :D

Oh ya, actually, I read an article which i think is good for us. Check this out! 

How to prevent heart disease? 
1. Don't smoke or use tobacco. - I don't :D
2. Exercise for 30 min at least 5 times a week (err... seems like 2 times only)
3. Eat a heart healthy diet that is low in fat, cholesterol and salt includes fruit, vege, wholegrains, beans, fish and low fat dairy products.
4. Maintain a healthy weight and BMI (err... this one, gou li lor, i fully not met!)
5. Get regular health screenings (yes, i have, but rare)
6. Manage your stress levels (erm, guys, engineer stress or not? :P)
7. Monitor your alcohol consumption (yup, i seldom take)
8. Cut down salt (cook yourself, don't take outside food lo...)
9.  Check your family history (ops, my family has hearth disease background)
10. Recognize early sign of heart disease - tightness or discomfort in the chest, neck, arm or stomach when you exert yourself but which goes away with rest. This may be a symptom of angina. 

So, after reviewing these 10, do you think you have done enough for your heart? :D For me, definitely NOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment